I came across this fantastic breakfast parfait recipe from Robyn Youkilis, a gut health expert and the author of the newly released Thin From Within. Her amazing power parfait is a perfect breakfast that sets a healthy tone for your day ahead, and I wanted to share the recipe with you guys. Not only does it contain gut-friendly fibre, probiotics and pre-biotics but it's also packed with protein that will keep you full and satiated for hours! Try and make it, you will probably love it like I did :)
- ¼ cup plain oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Small scoop of protein powder (I prefer vegan protein powders but here's a great article on protein powders for women: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-protein-powders-for-women )
- Splash or two of homemade nut milk or water (I use Almond Milk)
- ¾ cup fresh berries or other chopped fruit
- ¼ cup low-sugar granola
Method (only 2 steps!)
- Mix the ingredients, save for granola and toppings, together.
- Top with the fruit and granola.
- Eat immediately, or store in the fridge for later!