Hands up if you love banana bread! If you've read my recent blog on healthy swaps you would have read about my old habits of religiously eating banana bread once 3pm hit. Unfortunately, some store-bought banana bread isn't great for the waist line and can include lots of hidden calories. This recipe is a great alternative to store bought banana bread options and is one of our community coordinators go-to recipe. It contains natural sugars, some added protein which you can opt to leave out if preferred plus some grated carrots and zucchini making it overall a wholesome satiating snack or even a great breakfast option.
Time: 1hr 15 approx.
Calories (per serve): 230
Ingredients- 3 large ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups Almond meal
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup of carrot, grated
- ½ cup zucchini, grated
- 5tbs protein powder (optional)
- 1tbs cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius (350F)
2. In a large bowl mash bananas together, whisk in eggs and maple syrup
3. Drain any liquid from carrot and zucchini and fold into banana mixture
4. Mix in all remaining ingredients until well combined
5. Pour into a line loaf pan (approx. 22cm x 13cm) and bake for 50-55mins
6. Let cool and enjoy!
*NOTE: If portioning the mixture into muffins, cooking time will decrease to approximately 25-35 minutes depending on your oven.