I confess, I have a massive sweet tooth and often crave something sweet for breakfast, especially on weekends. But I also want to be mindful of my energy intake as some of my favourite sweet breakfast options (including pancakes at cafes) are often very high in calories.
My friend Rachelle put together this delicious pancake recipe and shared it with me, which of course I loved! So now I want to share it with all of you!
Serves 1 (or maybe 2 if you’re not too hungry)
Calories per serving = approx. 540
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender to create a creamy batter.
- Prepare a non-stick pan over medium heat and use a tiny amount of butter or coconut oil if needed for the pancakes not to stick
- Pour batter out onto pan, approx 2 pancakes from this batter.
- They are ready to flip when bubble start to form on the top.
- Stack the pancakes and top with Canadian maple syrup, berries and eat up!