Stir-fry’s are one of those things that are super flexible in that you can add whatever vegetables you are loving at the moment and throw them in to make a delicious bowl of goodness. I particularly favour stir-fry's because they don’t require much preparation (a definite win) and when done right are amazingly wholesome (even bigger win!). This is an adapted recipe from the original to include chicken for that extra bit of protein but if you prefer to leave this as a vegan recipe then feel free to leave this out. I also omit the step of roasting the mushrooms to save time wherever possible but if you would love an extra bit of crunch then go for it!
Calories: 256 per serving
- 1x Chicken Breast chopped into 5cm strips
- 1 serving of Soba noodles
- Bunch of Kale, chopped
- Bunch of Broccolini, cut into thirds with ends chopped off
- 1/2 cup of button Mushrooms
- 1 x capsicum
Fats, sauces and spices
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1tbs Honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add oil to pan and add chicken to seal
2. Meanwhile, cook soba noodles to package directions
2. Add garlic, broccolini, capsicum, kale and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender - around 5 minutes
3. Whisk together olive and sesame oil, lemon, ginger and honey
4. Add cooked soba noodles to pan of vegetables.
5. Add sauce, toss to coat evenly and enjoy!
Credit Recipe & Image: https://www.sobremesa-blog.com/blog/roasted-teriyaki-mushrooms-soba-noodles